Re: IO package installation problem

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: IO package installation problem
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:44:47 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Hamed Shakouri
>To: tmacchant
>Cc: nirkrakauer help|
>Date: 2018/10/12, Fri 03:06
>Subject: Re: IO package installation problem
>

>Thank you for the clarification. I did so, and the package is now loaded.
>But still xlsread(…) command doesn't work properly. "test" is a simple excel
>file with just one numeric cell.
>The error message is:
>>> xx=xlsread('test.xlsx')
>Detected XLS interfaces: error: 'chk_jar_entries' undefined near line 38
>column 22
>error: called from
>    __POI_chk_sprt__ at line 38 column 20
>    getxlsinterfaces at line 139 column 23
>    xlsopen at line 262 column 17
>    xlsread at line 233 column 11

I myself have never used xlsread.

After some googling,
I think that something is wrong with Java (Oracle JRE).

If you install MS-Excel(32 bit) on your PC, you can access xlsx via windows and
MS-Excel internally.
You can do the above when you load the windows package in addition to the io
package

(You can check your Excel is 32 or 64 bit by task manager.)

>> pkg load io
>> pkg load windows

HTH

Tatsuro