Re: Cannot slove error in Octave

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Cannot slove error in Octave
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:49:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 5:17:50 PM GMT+3, awefjioawefjio <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all, I have a problem while trying to do numerical solution with Octave. I
got the following error while trying to run the script.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture1.png>

When I tried to remove the ";" I will get the following error.
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373045/Picture2.png>

I also noticed that there is nothing in the workspace. The weird part is
that the code works just fine on my friend's Octave. I just copy and paste
the code into my computer, but it does not run the script. Can anyone please
help?

The first syntax error indicates the line with error. For example, there can be a problem with parenthesis mismatch, and the parser finds out that the semicolon does not resolve the problem of mismatch, that's why it's illegal.

"I just copy and paste the code into my computer" - do you really copy and paste between the two computers ? Or you copy a file between the computers ?

--Sergei.