Launching octave from windows commandline windows

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Launching octave from windows commandline windows
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 17:17:55 +0100

My application is a windows commandline app and some of the commands I
have created invoke Octave CLI. This all worked fine on Octave 4.2.2
and earlier, but on Octave 4.4.1 my Octave CLI components cannot draw
graphs.

The reason, I'm sure, is that I invoke octave-cli.exe directly which I
see is no longer the correct way to do it. But when I change to invoke
octave.vbs --no-gui a new commandline window opens which is not at all
what I want.

What do I need to do in my .cmd script to ensure graphs can be drawn?

Ian