GNU Octave on MacOS High Sierra FAILED

From: Stéphane Weisse
Subject: GNU Octave on MacOS High Sierra FAILED
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 23:03:13 +0200

Dear all,

I have got a MacMini 2010 with MacOS High Sierra Version.
I am trying to install the software GNU Octave from the Mac ports with latest version, and I get some issues :

Apparently there is a problem with the module « socklen », as I read in log files.

As described in wiki page (https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_macOS), I assume I have made the preliminary about the packages atlas and arpack. I launched the following installation command for Octave : sudo port install octave -accelerate+atlas (with admin rights).

I join you here also the config.log and main.log files so that you can analyze them and help to solve the problem.

I thank you for your effort in contributing of development and improvement of GNU Octave.

Best regards,
Stephane Weisse.