Re: octave startup directory?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: octave startup directory?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 12:36:55 -0700

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 14:08:26 -0500, jathan wrote:
> when i launch octave from the terminal command line with the "--no-gui"
> option, it defaults to starting the session with a working directory of
> /home/$USER.  GUI session re-loads previous session & working directory, and
> i would like to retain that behavior while terminal sessions start in the
> local directory.

Yes, this seems like a clear bug that should be fixed. Can you please
file a bug report at

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

> it's not clear what I should put in octaverc or ~/.octaverc (currently does
> not exist) to induce this behavior and think this is probably set by
> environmental variables.  any help or advice?  thanks

If you don't intend to do any plotting at all when you run Octave in the
terminal, you can use octave-cli instead of octave.

Otherwise, the only workaround is to not set that preference in the GUI.

--
mike