Re: Problems installing image acqusition toolbox

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Problems installing image acqusition toolbox
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 10:47:40 +0200

Am 07.09.2018 um 08:19 schrieb timki:
> i tried, but it did not help.
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libfltk.a(Fl.o): Die Umlagerung von
> /usr/local/lib/libfltk.a: error adding symbols: Ungültiger Wert

Ahaaa, I see that you have the fltk lib installed to

/usr/local/lib/libfltk.a

which is an indication that you've installed fltk from source (and
propably without -fPIC). This is not the lib that you've installed via
apt-get.

So please

a.) remove the self-compiled fltk and use the library installed via
"apt-get install libfltk1.3-dev" (suggested)

b.) remove the fltk* libs with apt-get, use your selfcompiled lib and
generate position-independent code (this should be default if you've
compiled it with -shared so I guess you've built a static lib)

c.) learn how to work with a system with a mix of different libraries
built from source and via package manager.

HTH, Andy

PS: du findest mich im IRC Channel #octave auf freenode was vielleicht
etwas schneller ist. Gruß Andy