For attention of GNU Octave Team! I need Information about the GNU Octav

From: Luís Roberto
Subject: For attention of GNU Octave Team! I need Information about the GNU Octave tools and uses
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 19:38:26 -0300

Dear GNU Octave Team,

Good Day.

Recently I have been interested in learning to use  GNU Octave  , a lot because I realized a very wide range of things that this tool can help me. I saw that  GNU Octave  presents on your interface many statistical tools that could be useful in solving my demand. However, because I am not successful in properly targeting theese tools to my needs, I therefore kindly request specialized support regarding the uses of the tools needed to solve this demand.

It happens that I have tried using  GNU Octave to make lottery bets, but even though I have an idea how to direct the use of this program tools I do not have the knowledge to put my ideas into practice.

My idea is to use some data provided by the raffle developer to try to "figure out the numbers drawn," although this information is not directly related to the numbers that are drawn. The lottery bet I want to bet on is the draw of 5 numbers from 1 to 80 that do not repeat each other in the same draw. The bettors can choose at least 5 numbers and a maximum of 15, and the higher the number of numbers chosen the higher the bet amount and the greater the probability of success of the numbers drawn. You win who hits 2, 3, 4 and all 5 numbers, of course the values will be larger according to the number of hit numbers, whoever hits all 5 numbers wins the total amount.

The data I would like to use in GNU Octave to try to figure out the numbers consists of the total collection amount from the draw, from the accumulated to the next draw, from the accumulated to the special draw (in a table) and from the probability of success (if possible 5 numbers drawn), in addition to the numbers drawn in the previous contest. Is there any form or formula I could use so that by giving random numbers to Excel base on this information?

Quantity of numbers bet

Bet price

Probability of correctness (1 in ...)

If 5 correct numbers.

Probability of correctness (1 in ...)

If 4 correct numbers.

Probability of correctness (1 in ...)

If 3 correct numbers.

Probability of correctness (1 in ...)

If 2 correct numbers.

5

1,50

24.040.016

64.106

866

36

6

9,00

4.006.669

21.658

445

25

7

31,50

1.144.763

9.409

261

18

8

84,00

429.286

4.770

168

14

9

189,00

190.794

2.687

115

12

10

378,00

95.396

1.635

82

9

11

693,00

52.035

1.056

62

8

12

1.188,00

30.354

714

48

7

13

1.930,50

18.679

502

38

6

14

3.003,00

12.008

364

31

5,8

15

4.504,50

8.005

271

25

5,2

For example:

Total Accumulated

Accumulation for the Next Draw

Accumulated for the Special Draw

Sorted Numbers

Draw 1

7,562,295.00

7,562,295.00

101,661,983.00

9

26

29

37

48

Draw 2

7,960,633.50

4,411,350.00

102,024,325.00

32

45

56

63

67

Draw 3

8,853,382.50

130,000,000.00

102,427,303.00

80

80

80

80

80

In that case, how could I use the total collection information, the accumulated value for the next draw and the accumulated value for the special draw for the previous bets, and the probability of 5 numbers drawn in a single 5-numbered bet (1 / 24,040. 016) to try to find the numbers drawn from the next contest (Draw 4)?

So far I've only been able to program GNU Octave  to choose random numbers individually from 1 to 80, without relating to the numbers you want. Would it be better to program  GNU Octave  to provide the numbers drawn in a group (in the case of 5 numbers group)? How would I do that? Is it necessary to use a combination function to find out how many combinations are possible by choosing 5 numbers in 80 numbers?

Therefore, it would be possible, if you please, to give me specialized support in the present demand, that is to say, in the elaboration of the formula, or in the provision of information for me to elaborate a formula or some other idea that may be useful to solve this problem?

P.S.:

1) Another interesting information is that the gross premium corresponds to 45.3% of the Total Accumulated. Of this value:

   35% are distributed among the hitters of the 5 numbers,

   19% among 4-number hitters,

   20% among 3-number hitters,

   11% between the two-number hitters and

   15% accumulate for the hitters of the 5 numbers of the Special Draw

If there is no winner in any award range, the amounts accumulate for the next contest, in the respective bands.

2) I tried to use Excel (which features many similar tools to GNU Octave), but I was not successful either. Again the lack of knowledge of the use of the tool and the formulas made the success impossible. If  GNU Octave   does not have sufficient resources to achieve the desired result, it is possible that you will be able to provide technical support regarding the preparation of the formula and provide other useful information for the use of this tool, please ?

3) I was not able to direct the tutorial topics present on the GNU Octave website in the search for the intended object.

Best regards,

Luis Roberto.