Re: rgb2ind issue

From: RT
Subject: Re: rgb2ind issue
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 23:02:53 -0400

ok I posted it in the bug tracker.

 If anyone knows of a workaround please let me know.

Thanks

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 4:42 PM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 4:35 PM, RT <address@hidden> wrote:
but I get an error
"error: Invalid call to rgb2ind.  Correct usage is:

 -- [X, MAP] = rgb2ind (RGB)
 -- [X, MAP] = rgb2ind (R, G, B)

Looking at the function calling structure on matlab:

https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/rgb2ind.html

[X,map] = rgb2ind(RGB,n)
X = rgb2ind(RGB, map)
[X,map] = rgb2ind(RGB, tol)
[___] = rgb2ind(___,dither_option)

and octave:

https://octave.sourceforge.io/octave/function/rgb2ind.html
[x, map] = rgb2ind (rgb)
[x, map] = rgb2ind (R, G, B)

it appears that the current Octave implementation is not fully compatible. Unless there's already something on the bug tracker that I didn't see in a quick search, it should probably be logged as one:

|======================================================|
|https://stillpointx.wordpress.com/research/modulated-plasma/
"Knowledge may be the Key"
"But wisdom unlocks the door"
"Absolute Power demands absolutely nothing"

As the old maxim has it, you need find only one white crow to disprove the rule that all crows are black

"The bourgeois today burns as heretics and hangs as criminals those to whom he erects monuments tomorrow" ('Steppenwolf')

"There are two modes of being those in bliss and those seeking bliss,
may each step you take and each thought you make be made in a mindful and blissful state."