Re: Delete sheet excel

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Delete sheet excel
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 11:11:44 -0700 (MST)

turbofib wrote
> hi,
> i use  xlswrite(namefile…) to rewrite in the Excel file
>
> but i don't know if it's possible to delete the old sheet in this file..

Why do you need this in the first place?
You can simply overwrite data in existing worksheets. If existing data are
in the way it may well be (I'm not sure) that writing a big enough numeric
array of NaNs will wipe existing spreadsheet data in the written-to cell
range.

Anyway, removing a worksheet is certainly possible but you need to dive into
the relevant Javadocs for each Java-based interface and/or into Visual Basic
for the COM interface (when using the windows package and Excel).
For the latter case have a look at private/__COM_oct2spsh__.m, lines
182-186, in the io package.
For the Java-based interfaces you have to dive in the docs for Apache POI,
JOD, etc. yourself.

Philip