Re: Sundials and pthread issues

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Sundials and pthread issues
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 11:32:34 -0700

On Sun, Jul 01, 2018 at 10:30:20 -0700, autodidact wrote:
> I got the development version  of octave from the mercurial repo and tried
> compiling it but I am getting these warnings:
>
> checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library does not include the IDADENSE
> linear solver, ode15i and ode15s will be disabled
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with IDAKLU, ode15i
> and ode15s will not support the sparse Jacobian feature
>
> I already installed the sundials-devel rpm package and I have glibc which
> contains pthread. Configure's output does show that it finds pthread.h so
> I'm not sure why it can't find pthread. The output of running configure is
> on  pastebin <https://pastebin.com/3bjVn055>  . I've highlight the important
> bits to make skimming the code easier.

First, there is no problem with pthreads. On GNU/Linux systems there is
no libpthreads, the feature is enabled with the -pthread compiler
option. The configure script is correctly reporting that there is no
libptheads library on your system.

Octave is not yet compatible with SUNDIALS version 3, so the warning
messages are explaining that and correctly disabling all SUNDIALS
features. If you want to help ensure that Octave 5 will be compatible
with SUNDIALS 3, you can participate in the bug report

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52475

--
mike