Re: bug in linkaxes ?

From: avlas
Subject: Re: bug in linkaxes ?
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:56:40 -0400

El divendres, 27 d’abril de 2018, a les 11:36:49 EDT, Richard Kirk va escriure:

  > On 27 Apr 2018, at 16:24, avlas <address@hidden> wrote:
  >
  > I think there is a bug in linkaxes/linkprop, at least in my Octave version
(flatpak package of Octave 4.3.91).

  > Before submitting a bug report about this, could somebody please test the
following code snippet? Thanks!

  >        % these examples work fine
  >        % for ii = 1:3; ha(ii) = subplot(3,1,ii); axes(ha(ii));
plot(randn(10,1)); end
  >        % for ii = 1:3; ha(ii) = subplot(2,2,ii); axes(ha(ii));
plot(randn(10,1)); end

  >        % these examples do NOT work
  >        for ii = 1:4; ha(ii) = subplot(4,1,ii); axes(ha(ii));
plot(randn(10,1)); end
  >        % for ii = 1:4; ha(ii) = subplot(2,2,ii); axes(ha(ii));
plot(randn(10,1)); end

  >        linkaxes(ha, 'x')
  >
  > This is the error I'm finding:
  >
  >        error: horizontal dimensions mismatch (1x1 vs 2x1)
  >        error: called from
  >            linkprop at line 84 column 7
  >            linkaxes at line 83 column 13

  Seems fine on Octave, version 4.2.2 running on a Mac.
  Is the linkages() call part of the test? It didn’t;t seem to do anything.

  Cheers
  Richard Kirk

linkaxes(ha, 'x') is the crucial part of the test, which fails for me in 4.3.91
(flatpak).

It apparently does nothing because the x axis is already the same for all
panels but what it does is to link them together, so a change in one panel
changes all panels to be in sync.

To see that you can compare what xlim([2,9]) does if you add it before vs.
after linkaxes(ha, 'x')

You should see that if you apply it before, the x axis is only changed for the
active panel. In contrast if you add it after, all panels should change to [2,9]

a.