Re: float image viewer

From: Richard Kirk
Subject: Re: float image viewer
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 15:29:39 +0100

On 8 Apr 2018, at 13:39, Richard Kirk <address@hidden> wrote:

On 6 Apr 2018, at 20:53, Richard Kirk <address@hidden> wrote:

The ‘giv’ viewer looks like a possible replacement. It is supposed to be cross-platform, but the development is largely on Windows. I have asked whether there is support on the Mac on their forum. I will let this group know if I get a reply.

The ‘giv' group is still active. The source is on source forge and https://github.com/dov/giv. No-one has built it on a Mac. I am having a quick go.

FYI

I have been in contact with Dov Grobgeld, and with his help we have done a build on Macs. The viewer seems nice and fast, but, like gnuplot, defaults to a white surround, but this can probably be fixed. My build is on a branch at GitHub, but the main checkout will probably work soon.

Cheers
Richard Kirk