Re: Octave should be more consistent in converting automatically char to

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Octave should be more consistent in converting automatically char to numeric.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:37:04 +0200

Hi,

I do not speak for the whole community here... that should be obivous.

Octave aims at running "every code that runs in matlab" without
modification. I am not sure there is a stand on code that *doesn't*
run on matlab.
So I guess it is rather a choice to realize that char is meant to be a
value in the ascii table rather than the value itself.