Extrapolation of 2 end points in interp1 instead of single scalar value

From: Han Yichou
Subject: Extrapolation of 2 end points in interp1 instead of single scalar value
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:04:26 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to interpolate the points within a dataset but to extrapolate any x values outside of the dataset range by assuming the 2 end points continue with the same y value. I am using interp1 to carry out the interpolation. However, I see that Octave only allows extrapolation of a single scalar value. Can someone advise how I can extrapolate using 2 separate values instead?

Regards,

Han

Sent from Outlook