Re: Octave not working

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave not working
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:01:57 -0700

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 06:12:51 +0100, Nenad Zivanovic wrote:
> I bought a new laptop with Endless OS and GNU Octave package. When I tried
> to run it the system demanded an installation. After I performed the
> installation GNU Octave-test icon appeared on my desktop.

I think you are using the Octave Flatpak application, which is in
development and is available for testing (hence the "-test" suffix).

This is not the supported way to install or run Octave at this point,
and there are not many people on this list who will be able to help you
with figuring out how to install it or get it running properly.

You might want to file a bug report at

  https://github.com/flathub/org.octave.Octave/issues

--
mike