Re: how to save a text file

From: Kasius Klej
Subject: Re: how to save a text file
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:28:23 -0700 (MST)

Thanks, Andreas, this worked perfectly.

If you are wondering why I would want to replace commas for semicolons in a
text file, it's because I have a funny Excel, I live in a country where
commas serve a different purpose (they're used for decimal numbers).

I'm doing this for my neighbor who wants to automate some tasks in his Excel
tax scheme. This step helped us get some data into Excel where we will
continue with Vlookup and such. I believe Vlookup could also be done in
Octave with clever matrix manipulation, but Excel should handle it from here
on, with macros.