Re: problems installing/running

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: problems installing/running
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 20:31:46 +0900 (JST)

-- entity. wrote:
> hi!
> I'm getting this message when I'm trying to run octave.
> script: octave.vbs
> line: 51
> char: 3
> error:0x800700d8
> code: 800700d8
> source: (null)
>
> I just installed it and it says my system has no JRE. I don't know if that's
> the reason I can't run it

Hang up of octave on windows at start up has been reported in many times.
There have not reported definite solutions.
Try unistall octave, reboot PC, and re-install.
Sometimes it makes a trick if you are lucky.

JRE is required if you use features that require Java. The way for installing
the JRE can be found on Internet by searching using keywords : JRE. Oracle and
windows.

Tatsuro