Re: how to launch octave after fink install

From: fred73
Subject: Re: how to launch octave after fink install
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:52:30 -0700 (MST)

Thanks Alexander,

Taking a closer look, I saw that my octave installation actually failed:

In file included from
../../../../gcc-5.5.0/libsanitizer/asan/asan_malloc_mac.cc:17:0:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:663:61:
error: expected initializer before 'API_AVAILABLE'
 CFTypeRef CFAutorelease(CFTypeRef CF_RELEASES_ARGUMENT arg)
API_AVAILABLE(macos(10.9), ios(7.0), watchos(2.0), tvos(9.0));
                                                             ^
make[4]: *** [asan_malloc_mac.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-target-libsanitizer] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
### execution of /tmp/fink.KI3Q8 failed, exit code 2
### execution of /tmp/fink.T628j failed, exit code 2
Removing runtime build-lock...
Removing build-lock package...
/sw2/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-gcc5-5.5.0-1
(Reading database ... 165823 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-gcc5-5.5.0-1 ...
*Failed: phase compiling: gcc5-5.5.0-1 failed*

Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and try again.

If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the FAQ on Fink's
website solves the problem.  If not, ask on one (not both, please) of
these mailing lists:

The Fink Users List <address@hidden>
The Fink Beginners List <address@hidden>.

Please try to include the complete error message in your report.  This
generally consists of a compiler line starting with e.g. "gcc" or "g++"
followed by the actual error output from the compiler.
Also include the following system information:
Package manager version: 0.42.99.git
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Sat Jan 13 17:42:20 2018, 10.13,
x86_64
Trees: local/main stable/main
Xcode.app: 9.2
Xcode command-line tools: 9.2.0.0.1.1510905681
Max. Fink build jobs:  1

I did try to run fink selfupdate, but it didn't solve the issue.
Any clue ?

Thanks,

Fred

Alexander Hansen-2 wrote