Octave processor loading on 6-DoF simulation

From: Francois du Plessis
Subject: Octave processor loading on 6-DoF simulation
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 16:35:31 +0400

Hallo
I am using Octave to run a 6-DoF trajectory simulation. Until quite recently I used Matlab to run this simulation, but had to revert to Octave due to licensing issues.  The simulation has numerous look-up tables (for the aerodynamics) with the main execution performed using the customary recursive loop for the closed-loop control system implementation.  I noticed the following:
What would the reason be that Octave is not using all the system resources?  Is is because it is only making use of a single processor?  Windows task manager indicates that all 12 cores are sporadically activated, but I would have thought that this type of task would push the processor(s) into the red - at least one of them...

Does anyone have an idea why this would be or what can be done to improve the utilization?  I have already adjusted the task priority, but this does not do anything.

Thanks
Francois