Re: Machine learning support

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Machine learning support
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 16:08:27 +0100

Hi,

I work on ML mainly using Python (scikitlearn, mltk, theano, etc) and
Octave (gpml, stk, optim, etc). I stay away from R when possible. I
also use C/C++ (Shogun, MLPack, etc...) which many times can provide
an oct file interface.

ML as a topic is too wide. You rather focus on one aspect of ML and
write your package, examples are nnet, fuzzy, gpml.
If your plan is to do ML on text, I would say that Octave is not the
best choice, in this cas eI woudl stick to Python.

Take a look at Julia language as well, there is plenty of packages
already for that one.

Cheers