Re: RNG function

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: RNG function
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:58:57 +0100

>I am writing Octave code using Matlab as a reference. The Matlab has RNG
>function being used but this is not yet implemented in Octave. What is the
>equivalent for RNG in Octave?

The rng() function of Matlab is not currently implemented in Octave.

Octave has reliable implementations of rand(), randn() and friends,
which can be seeded and initialised using the same syntax of Matlab for
those functions.

Have a look at the Octave manual and come back here if you need more
help.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107