Re: compiling octave fails on building flex

From: mmuetzel
Subject: Re: compiling octave fails on building flex
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:42:35 -0700 (MST)

Google helps, for example here:
https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1003

This is a known bug in flex that prevents it from being compiled with gcc
7.2. It will be fixed in version 2.6.5 of flex.

I am seeing the same error. I temporarily reverted to version 2.6.3 in my
local mxe-octave. (Change version and remove checksum in src/build-flex.mk).
That version still builds without the error.
The thread I linked also has a patch. But I haven't tried it.

Markus