Re: installing pkg under octave!

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: installing pkg under octave!
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 13:12:03 +0100

Dear Ashraf,

the command that you used should have worked perfectly. I have tested it
on Windows 7, but it worked on my machine. I have no Windows 10
environment to check with.

It looks like Octave has no permission to write into your own users
temporary directory, which seems strange. Do you run Octave with
elevated privileges?

You could debug step-by-step through your package installation process
to find the root cause. Please try:

>> dbstop unpack 233 # place a break point before the error
>> pkg install -local -forge netcdf

Package installation will then halt right before the error. Please debug
step-by-step and verify in Windows Explorer whether creation of the
temporary directory has happened (with mkdir) and then check the folder
permissions of the temporary directory. This will help us to identify
the problem.

Best
Oliver