Constant errors although the program is correct

From: monteirojp
Subject: Constant errors although the program is correct
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:01:26 -0700 (MST)

hi, i wrote this script: function y = func(x0)
                                y = 49890/10000 + sin(x0) - x0.^2
                                end
it's a simple script but when I run the program it gives me multiple errors
and this happens in all the programs that you write. This is normal? is that
it gives error but when I call the function in the command window and assign
it to the variable it gives me the result .... Another question: how do I
call a function inside a script? Thank you!

(errors like this:
>> difuncao
error: 'x0' undefined near line 2 column 12
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error:   /Users/monteirojp/Documents/FCUL - MATAPL/2ยบ
ano/NUMERICA/exercicios em octave/difuncao.m at line 2, column 5

)