Re: MATLAB-C program including mex files compilation in Octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: MATLAB-C program including mex files compilation in Octave
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 15:08:43 +0100

Am 16.11.2017 um 20:59 schrieb Priyanka Akavaram:
> I am a new octave user. I have been trying to execute a MATLAB - C
> program which included mex files in OCTAVE. The program is about

So you only have the compile mex file and not the source for it? If you
have the source you can compile it using mkoctfile as Kai explained.

If you only have the compiled mex, things get complicated. Here
https://hgomersall.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/squishing-matlab-mex-files-into-octave/

someone was able to run a mex file in GNU Octave.

I know there was a discussion on the help mailinglist in 2013 if this is
a GPL violation or now and RMS (sic!) was involved and as far as I
remember his interpretation was that it's okay to let users run a
proprietary binary file.

Hope this helps, Andy