MATLAB-C program including mex files compilation in Octave

From: Priyanka Akavaram
Subject: MATLAB-C program including mex files compilation in Octave
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 20:59:17 +0100

Hello,

I am a new octave user. I have been trying to execute a MATLAB - C program which included mex files in OCTAVE. The program is about retrieving the data from hardware. But I am unable to execute it. I went through the online resources from GNU and a few other forums and came to know that in octave we require a 'mkoctfile'. Is this correct? If so, how should I add this to my existing .c file and how should I execute this?
Does this require any packages or conversion of files?
Is there any other way other than using 'mkoctfile'?

Please help me with this. so that I can proceed further.

Thanks and regards,
Priyanka Akavaram.