Re: Information Octave

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: Information Octave
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 15:55:57 -0800

Pietro Maggio wrote
Good morning,

I'm a student who is using Octave and I need some information.

I would need to parse the default Sqrt() function to understand which
algorithm is implemented; where can I find the implementation?

Thanks so much.

In octave:

octave > help sqrt

'sqrt' is a built-in function from the file libinterp/corefcn/mappers.cc

 -- sqrt (X)
     Compute the square root of each element of X.

     If X is negative, a complex result is returned.

     To compute the matrix square root, see *note Linear Algebra::.

     See also: realsqrt, nthroot.

Tom Dean