Re: PIN diode newton sec1d problem

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: PIN diode newton sec1d problem
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 10:08:55 +0000

Hi,

> On 2 Nov 2017, at 10:55, Tom <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Not necessarily Octaveable but have you looked at any spice models for
> inspiration? I used spice to model PIN diodes as part of ultra high speed ECL
> 28 years ago ( the models may have been developed in-house) but they worked
> well enough.

What secs1d and spice do are not comparable.

secs1d is a package TCAD simulation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_CAD
while spice is for lumped element circuit simulation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_circuit_simulation

spice compares rather to the ocs package than to secs1d.

A free software alternative to secs{1,2,3}d packages would be GNU Archimedes:
https://www.gnu.org/software/archimedes/
I never tried it, though, I just found out about its existence while looking up
TCAD on wikipedia for providing the link above,
but I do know the lead developer ...

> Tom

c.