Re: Issue with symbolic package on Octave 4.2.1 on windows 10 PC

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Issue with symbolic package on Octave 4.2.1 on windows 10 PC
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 18:40:34 -0400

It'd be great if someone could share their thoughts on what may be wrong here, or a workaround

Just upfront, if we can't figure out the issue there is a windows bundled version of the symbolic package that includes a 'built in' python. You can find that at the developers page here:

https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki

If you open a command prompt can you just type 'python' and enter the python interpreter? If not it may not be in your path. Also, I think you need sympy and maybe the scipy stack installed. Do you have that?