Speed of odsread

From: hjborsje
Subject: Speed of odsread
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:06:39 -0700 (MST)

I'm comparing the speed of loading a LibreOffice (*.ods) spreadsheet in
Octave and MATLAB.  The results are so vastly different that I wonder if I'm
doing it correctly.  A spreadsheet with 1900 rows, 23 columns takes 135
seconds in Octave. In Matlab 5.5 seconds.   A larger spreadsheet of 60,000 x
23 takes 10.5 seconds in Matlab. Octave did not finish after 10 minutes.   I
run Octave 4.2.1 with all the latest packages on Windows 10.  I enter:
[s,~,~,~] = odsload ('MySpreadsheet.ods',1);  Adding a third and fourth
parameters makes no significant difference. RData_01b.ods
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372538/RData_01b.ods>