Re: Octave, ATLAS, and Large Matricies

From: evansste
Subject: Re: Octave, ATLAS, and Large Matricies
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:40:40 -0700 (MST)

I've been searching for a software package, similar to ATLAS, which may offer
the type of operations I've described -- particularly matrix indexing.  For
example A(C) = B(C).

I'm also looking for something that allows parallelized matrix replication,
similar to MATLAB's "repmat" function.  For example, B = repmat(A,3,1).

I've noticed that MATLAB has parallelized their repmat function in their
latest versions of MATLAB.  However, I don't believe that matrix indexing
has been parallelized.

I've grown quite fond of Octave, and would love to find a package, similar
to ATLAS, which would allow these types of operations on multiple cores.
Then maybe I could compile that software with Octave, from source, and have
a parallel version of Octave.

Is anyone aware of any software packages that offer anything like this?

I greatly appreciate your time, and any suggestions anyone may have.