Re: Neural Network Linear Regression

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Neural Network Linear Regression
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:14:04 -0400

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Jacques.Grobler <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all

I am very much new to Machine learning and Neural Networking

I have a question: Can you apply Linear Regression (or any non Logistic
Regression) in a Neural Network setup?

I have searched the internet and can simply not find any examples of where
Linear Regression is applied.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

What would be the reason of applying it.

The short answer is no. the long answer is that you can invent many different ways of doing NNs. But is in the normal ones I have not seen Linear regression used.