Re: Version 4.2 freezes under OS 10.12.3

From: Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly
Subject: Re: Version 4.2 freezes under OS 10.12.3
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:38:13 -0800

Ok. Thanks.

Dipu

Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly
Cell: 408-203-8814

On Feb 16, 2017, at 4:40 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Dipankar “Dipu” Ganguly
To: address@hidden
Date: 2017/2/17, Fri 02:27

I installed Version 4.2 under Mac OS 10.12.3 using Macports. I can launch it using the icon from the Doc, but it randomly freezes (Incessant beach-ball) , most frequently when I try to save and exit from an editing session. Any thoughts on how to address this?

I have been using Octave under Anaconda Navigators’ Jupyter and am not sure what version that invokes( How do I find out?).  I would  like to use version 4.2 with the  stand-alone IDE as well.

Thanks

Dipu

I am not a Mac user.
This issue is frequently asked.

Please see the Sebastian's reply to your previous post carefully.
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-Octave-4-2-freezes-on-my-Mac-td4681803.html#a4681807

(See the URLs that were indicated in the above.)

There seems to have been no definite solution yet for the GUI problem octave 4.2 for Mac OS.

Tatsuro