Octave via Lazarus/FreePascal using a TProcess

From: Travis Ayres
Subject: Octave via Lazarus/FreePascal using a TProcess
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:08:19 -0800

Hi everyone,

There's a very similar question to mine from 2009 in the archives, but I'm on Win32 and it has been many years.

I'm trying to communicate with Octave using Lazarus/FreePascal. I have a code sample up here:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,35823.msg237709.html#msg237709

I am calling octave-cli.exe directly, and the process does appear to start (and stay started) but I cannot get anything out of the pipe.

Is there something about the setup of octave-cli that I'm unaware of that would make it difficult to access?