Octave for Windows - OpenBLAS and Portable Mode

From: Royi Avital
Subject: Octave for Windows - OpenBLAS and Portable Mode
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:56:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I downloaded the official Octave 4.2 for Windows.
I used the ZIP Package (Not the installer).

I have 2 questions:
  1. Does Octave Windows in general and the ZIP version specifically use OpenBLAS for BLAS and LAPACK?
    When I use `version -blas` I don't get any information.
  2. How can I make it fully portable?
    Namely make Octave keep all the UI settings in the folder it was unzipped into instead the User Folder.

Thank You.

Royi Avital
No Brain     No Pain