Re: Octave 4.03

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave 4.03
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 13:55:53 -0800

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 00:08:32 +0200, Adekunle Adekoya wrote:
> Please, how can I get and install octave 4.03 and above on a centos machine
> running remotely where I use ssh for login. I need the specific repository
> where I can get this and a specific yum command to use. I need it urgently,
> please.

If you want to install prebuilt Octave packages using yum, the best
source to go to is the EPEL repository. Unfortunately, that means if you
are on CentOS 6, you will get Octave 3.4, and if you are on CentOS 7,
you will get Octave 3.8.

If you want prebuilt packages of the latest versions of Octave, CentOS
is probably not the best choice of distribution to work from.

If you want to compile Octave yourself from source, take a look at
http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Red_Hat_Linux_systems.

--
mike