Problems switching BLAS and LAPACK versions

From: Tommi Höynälänmaa
Subject: Problems switching BLAS and LAPACK versions
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 13:57:34 +0200

I have problems with switching BLAS libraries with
update-alternatives. I have built my own Debian packages of BLAS where
I added some debug write commands to dnrm2.f. Then I switched the
system to use my own version of BLAS with command "update-alternatives
--config libblas.so.3". When I use liboctave Matrix::lssolve and link
my program to BLAS I see no debug outputs and apparently my own
version of dnrm2 is not called.

What is wrong here?

     - Tommi Höynälänmaa