Re: Speed up print

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Speed up print
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:51:47 -0600

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:51 PM, henrik josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Running the script below takes around a minute on my system. Increasing
the size of the mesh greatly increases the time to run the print
command. What can be done to make print command run faster?

N = 100;
M = 5000;
x = linspace(0,1,N);
y = linspace(0,1,M);
[X, Y] = meshgrid(x,y);
mesh(X,Y,ones(M,N));
print('output.pdf') %takes a long time to run!

The time to execute the print command seems to be around the same for
different octave versions (3.8.x 4.0.2 and 4.2.0) and operating systems
(Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Windows 10)

​There are multiple issues here. One of them is opengl driver.
This takes much longer time on my computer with integrated
intel graphics than on one with either AMD or Nvidia card
(Gallium driver).​

​Dmitri.​