Re: Path error in Octave

From: ymzkala
Subject: Re: Path error in Octave
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 10:05:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

1. I successfully installed Octave 4.2.0 to C:\Octave.
2. I can open the GUI and evaluate simple commands.
3. I can install packages if they are downloaded (using "pkg install
xyz.tar.gz"), but I can't list them using "pkg_list". However, I can run
"pkg local_list" which returns an empty string and "pkg global_list" which
returns my current list of packages.
4. "path" does not work. "pwd" works and it returns "C:\Octv" (a folder I
made).

I went through the code for the pkg function. The error happens when the
"installed_packages (local_list, global_list, files);" command is executed
on line 369. I checked to see that:

global_list = C:\Octave\Octave-4.2.0\share\octave\octave_packages
local_list = C:\Users\ykala\.octave_packages (there is no such folder on my
computer)
files = empty cell

I found the installed_packages.m function and it runs fine when I step into
it line by line, but not when it runs without breakpoints, or when I hit
'Continue'. Very strange.

-Yahia
-Yahia