Re: state of ode15s implementation

From: c.
Subject: Re: state of ode15s implementation
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 16:30:42 +0100

Hi,

On 13 Dec 2016, at 15:21, Andreas Hilboll <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Octave list,
>
> with large interest, I saw that as part of GSOC2016, there was the plan
> to implement a MATLAB-compatible ode15s for Octave.  Unfortunately, I
> was not able to find any blog or the like covering the project's
> progress.
> As ode15s is of high importance for a possible project of mine, I would
> like to inquire about the state of the ode15s implementation.  I would
> appreciate any pointers to where I can find more info on the project.

Here is Francesco's blog covering the project:
http://gsoc2016ode15s.blogspot.it/

Here is a repository with a version of Octave that includes the implementation
of ode15i and ode15s:
https://bitbucket.org/cdf1/octave/branch/ode15i

The project should be fairly complete, the main missing features I can think of
are

- complex valued systems are not supported (actually anything except double)
- JPattern option is not supported

If you would like to try out the code yourself and help improving it
please go ahead and do not hesitate to provide feedback.

HTH,
c.

> Best regards,
>  Andreas.

P.S.: On the other hand, if you just need a solver for implicit differential
equations,
you do not really need ode15i as DASPK has been available in Octave for many
years already ....