How to setup Octave for GPU CUDA computing usind FFT-routines

From: Mattias Trimpop
Subject: How to setup Octave for GPU CUDA computing usind FFT-routines
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:47:52 +0100

Hello!

I spend a lot of time for using CUDA-FFT's with Octave without success.
Perhaps anyone can help me?

I am using Octave (on Ubuntu 16.04 an a NVidia-Graphics card with 2 GB Ram) to calculate two-dimensional (large) fields. That uses a lot of FFTs and IFFTs. To fasten the calculation I tried the CUDA-libraries. cuBLAS (from CUDA V8.0) is working fine but has no optimisation for the used FFT-Routines. The video under "Drop-in Acceleration on GPUs with Libraries" - "Learning Libraries" shows how to use the CUDA-FFT instead of FFTW. I managed to install the octave sources (V. 4.0.3) and to compile a new binary that workes well. Unfortunately I am not so familiar with coding under Linux that I managed to replace the FFTW with the CUFFT. Has anyone made this and can provide me with the changed sources/files or a "howto" (perhaps with another octave-Version?)? That would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Mattias Trimpop