Re: Octave over SSH

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Octave over SSH
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:48:30 -0500

On 12/11/2016 02:42 AM, lachycharts wrote:
I am trying to run octave on my Jetson TX1 from my Ubuntu laptop. I simply
log on through SSH and enable X11 tunneling:

ssh -X address@hidden

And I can run Octave just fine. However, when running say the following
simple code, the variables output to screen but the plot does not display in
the figure window, and the window is unresponsive.
The tunneling of X has to be enabled in the sshd server on your target machine (ubuntu-tegra).
Run ssh -v -X and see if there are any problems running/tunneling X11.

By the way, increasing number of systems run Wayland rather than X server; I am not sure how ssh behaves with Wayland on the target.  This may or may not be relevant: strictly speaking, octave and its plotting are clients, displaying to your local server, so it should work even if your target is running a Wayland server instead of X server. Is your target running any graphics server, actually?