Path error in Octave

From: ymzkala
Subject: Path error in Octave
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 09:04:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm a new Octave user, trying to (partially) transition from Matlab.

I installed Octave 4.2.0 for Windows x64. I am using Windows 7. The
installation folder is C:\Octave. I have a problem when I try to run
commands like "pkg list" or "path". I get this error:

--
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

This must be a problem with spaces in that path. I checked that the
OCTAVE_HOME and EXEC_PATH variables have no spaces in them. I don't know why
Octave is looking in "C:\Program Files...".

Maybe other users have encountered this. How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Yahia