Re: Detplock Detected in Win64 Installer

From: Bernardo Sulzbach
Subject: Re: Detplock Detected in Win64 Installer
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 11:09:18 -0200

On 12/06/2016 08:20 PM, Hank Tillman wrote:
I was installing Octave 4.2.0 on my Windows 10 PC. Windows Defender
detected a Detplock trojan being installed by your installer and stopped
it (I hope, wiping to be safe).

It should be yet another false positive.

You could verify if the installer you downloaded has not been compromised by checking its signature. I just tested here and

  octave-4.2.0-w64-installer.exe

matches

  octave-4.2.0-w64-installer.exe.sig

as expected.

The official place to get installers from is

  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/

and there you can also find the signatures. Some Googling will point you to a way to test the downloaded files.