Mip and Binary Operators

From: Fraley, Wyatt James
Subject: Mip and Binary Operators
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:25:46 +0000

I am attempting to solve a linear program using the mip function, and I don't know how to get binary operators to function.  Here is my objective function.

z = 6x1 + 5x2 + 7x3 -190y1 - 150y2 - 110y3

All of the y variables are binary variables such that

yi = 0 if xi = 0

yi = 1 if xi > 0

I am not sure how to implement this, and any help would be appreciated.  I am familiar with the mip function and have used it many times before.