Re: Empty plots on Octave 4.0.3 (Windows)

From: pehache
Subject: Re: Empty plots on Octave 4.0.3 (Windows)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 00:19:08 +0200

Le 17/10/2016 à 20:41, Mike Miller a écrit :
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 11:58:38 +0200, pehache wrote:
As you can see on following screen capture, the figure window is fully
responsive, the menus and buttons are react to the clicks... Only the plot
area itself is blank
https://i.imgur.com/yv6xUxK.png

hiding/minimizing/restoring does not change anything

I've been told on the IRC channel that this could be because of a too old
OpenGL version on the (virtual) video adapter driver. The OpenGL version is
apparently 2.1

I was one of the ones on irc, I suggested that OpenGL support in the
virtual machine may be lacking.

Your description further suggests that the figure window is functioning
correctly, only that the OpenGL canvas is not displaying its contents to
your (virtual) display correctly.

If the gnuplot toolkit works better for you on a Windows VM guest, then
you may be better served using that (run "graphics_toolkit gnuplot" in
Octave).

If you want to get OpenGL plotting working in this environment, then
some others may be able to help more than me.

Well, gnuplot is OK. I didn't know we could switch between different plotting toolkit.

Do I have to install gnuplot in addition to Octave, or is it embeded in the Octave application ?