Re: Plotting: is this a bug?

From: mmuetzel
Subject: Re: Plotting: is this a bug?
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 06:55:13 -0700 (PDT)

I am also not so sure whether this is a bug or not. (I guess it is.)
It is perfectly fine to not set an empty matrix to "YTick". This should
suppress any ticks in y-direction which seems to work as expected at first
glance.

However, running your m-file line by line, it looks like the "YLims" change
when the first text is added to the right subplot. I doubt that this is
supposed to happen. The same occurs for graphics_toolkit qt and gnuplot.
I just double checked with Matlab and the axis limit do not change on adding
a text to the axes in your example.

You could set the "YLimMode" of the axes to "manual" before calling "text"
as a workaround, changing line 13 of your example to:
set(gca,'ytickmode','manual','ytick',[],'ylimmode','manual');

But you should also submit a bug report on savannah, I'd say.