Re: mex using Objective-C and Cocoa

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: mex using Objective-C and Cocoa
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:58:01 -0400

On Aug 20, 2016, at 05:35, Cesar V. Ramirez <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Octave Experts,

I'm trying to build a simple app in Objective-C using the Cocoa.framework, on Mac OSX.  I know it's not an officially supported language, but postings such as the below seem to suggest it's possible.

(these are from matlab forums, because i didn't find any here...)

Preferably, I could launch a form, but I'd take anything.

Can anyone give me a reference or provide some steps?

If the code can exist in an xcode project that be would preferred.

thanks in advance
ObjC

I suggest you attach a simple example someone can try.

In any event, clang does work (with cocoa also) . So I assume your objective-c code will compile.

Ben