Re: JIT compiling

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: JIT compiling
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 08:07:44 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Alex Vong <address@hidden>

support" - then switch to Perl -> PDL (http://pdl.perl.org/) or OCaml (if you
want type strictness and near "C" performance).

When Julia language was first discussed here, I suggested to write an Octave ->
Julia translator, but I think it will NEVER be done for ideological (fanatic
support of false/fake GPL freedom) reasons.

The rationale was to get the best of the two worlds - speed of Julia and
packages available for Octave - in addition to what already exists for Julia.

--Sergei.