Re: xlsread does not read a column

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: xlsread does not read a column
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 12:31:34 -0400

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Svetlana <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello!
I've faced a strange behaviour of xlsread function. I'm trying to read a
column from xlsx-file, but xlsread reads only the last number from a column.
2-dimensional arrays are read correctly, though. I have installed packages
windows-1.2.3 and io-2.4.2, octave 4.0.3, windows 10. I call xlsread like
xlsread('test.xlsx')

We may need you to provide some more info, maybe a test xlsx file that produces the behavior you described.  On my PC, I saved a spreadsheet with random numbers filling cells A1:A20.  Then in Octave (4.0.3 on Win7)

>> pkg load io
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle"

>> xlsread('Book1.xlsx')
Detected XLS interfaces: ans =

   0.099512
   0.019583
   0.067221
   0.295066
   0.207370
   0.696878
   0.946749
   0.207276
   0.886299
   0.834514
   0.066391
   0.586122
   0.230843
   0.133635
   0.417620
   0.767146
   0.490875
   0.451724
   0.209516
   0.249191

Can you be more specific? Provide the exact input and output that you're seeing?